Friday, July 9, 2010

Book - The Happiness Project


I really enjoyed this book: The Happiness Project. A quick read, filled with tidbits of info (I like reading about random stuff that just might come in handy to know someday!)

More importantly, the book makes you start thinking about what makes you happy. (Something we tend to lose sight of it in our busy lives, but we shouldn't.)

Things that make me happy:

  • the smell of lilacs
  • meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy
  • art (looking at it, creating it)
  • books
  • libraries
  • delicious, healthy food
  • vacations
  • photography
  • alone time
  • great weather
  • bread (i.love.bread. - good bread, cruchy bread, freshly baked)
  • farmer's markets
  • butternut squash
... to name a few.

Notice the theme? Books, food, art and down time - lol. Doesn't take much.

What makes YOU happy?

2 comments:

  1. Guess in my busy life I've never really given it alot of thought. I guess I would say the following makes me happy:
    - spending time with my kids
    - rainbows
    - smell of rain in summer
    - a good book
    - food, any kind, doesn't really matter
    - being greeted at the door by my Chloe (dogs are great!)
    - a smile
    - the sound of the waves crashing on the shore
    - vacations
    - time alone
    - seeing little kids discover new things
    - seeing someone accomplish something they never thought they could
    - a walk on the beach
    - love stories
    - happy endings

    Guess that would be a few of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I see we share quite a few... good books, good food and vacations! Seeing little kids discover things was a great one... when their eyes get soooo big - lol - it's the best!

    ReplyDelete